Sunday, February 17, 2008

Educator's Conference





Kim and I attended the Life, the Universe, & Everything educator's conference at BYU. It was all about science fiction and fantasy in writing and reading for children. Orson Scott Card, who is the author of Ender's Game, and Gail Carson Levine, the very talented author of Ella Enchanted were the keynote speakers. We mainly went to hear Gail. She was fabulous! She is such a tiny and very funny lady. Kim and I actually ran into her in the bathroom before she was going to speak. I did the stalker thing and talked to her as she was putting her lipstick on. If I had my camera on me at the time I would have requested a picture right there in the bathroom. I am posting a couple pictures of her. I am also posting a picture of Kim at the BYU craft store with one of their darling aprons on. I'm sure she's going to kill me, but at least I didn't put the picture of her eating the navajo taco. The conference was good even though we left our sci-fi capes and spikes at home.

No comments:

blog stats
Visitors