Monday, June 9, 2008

Journaling Group


I wanted to use my blog to brag about my sister-in-law, Kim, who runs a wonderful on-line journaling group. She has a ton of people signed up from all over the country and I am one of them. I love the writing exercises so much that I wanted to share her web site with others. 

Here's what you do: go to allshewroteonline.com and then click on "journaling group" to sign up. She will send you a monthly e-mail invite about that month's theme. You can click on "monthly themes" to see what the past assignments were. You can even get started on these right now. (In January under "more lists" you can find my list that I did. It's called Joy to my World.) 

I have found doing the assignments to be very fun and somewhat soul searching. I print mine out and keep in my journal. There is also a section on the web page called "supplements". Click on all of them, Favorites, three things, and this or that. These are really fun to do and what a legacy to leave behind and to help your family know more about you. You can even update them every year or so. These are fun to do with your whole family too.

She will hate that I'm putting a picture of her on here, but I enjoy doing these assignments so much that I figured others might as well. She will also say that her web site is still slightly under construction, but the fact that she is very busy unexpectedly raising her 2-year-old granddaughter right now, no one will mind. (so please forgive me Kim)

Kim is a very talented person and I'm so glad that she is sharing this to help others. And for free too, that is so awesome. It truly is a passion of hers. I love you Kim!

(Check it out and let me know if you get into it too.)

3 comments:

Kim M. said...

Oh, my gosh. After your phone call I was ready to leave you a honkin' e-mail telling you how EVIL you were to put those photo booth pictures--the totally scary ones we were laughing so hard at--on your blog. I thought for sure that's what it was. And then you make me CRY with this awesome entry. You are amazing. You seriously keep me going with the journaling group. I love that you're so excited and supportive of it all. I appreciate you SO much. (BTW, I'm almost caught up with both May and June assignments.) Thanks, Deanna. Not only are you helpful with and supportive of my website, but even more as my sister-in-law and friend. No one can make me laugh so hard, or say just the right thing when I need it or make the perfect comment that I can use in my RS lesson. (I just did last month, and yes, I gave you credit.) And I would most likely never know about Edward and Bella if you hadn't continuously bugged me to read Twilight. (Lynn still hates you for that one!) You are amazing! My life would be SO boring without you in it. Love you too. K

Deanna said...

To clarify: I called Kim and said, "Look on my blog and don't be mad at me." I'm so glad you weren't. I know you hate pictures of yourself. Thanks for the kind words.

For those of you whom I will brag about in the future, don't worry, right now only like six people have my blog address.

I'm getting an idea-- think it would be fun to start "highlighting" those six people. Hmmm... stay tuned.

Kim M. said...

That's a great idea! How many times have I asked, "Who is so and so on your blog?"

blog stats
Visitors