
Trishelle Alphabet tagged me, randomly assigning me the letter R. (She had the letter G and did a great job.) I hope I can do alright with R. After getting the letter, you need to list 10 favorite or not so favorite things that start with that letter. Here I go!
1. Roller Skating
I loved to roller skate when I was young! My sister and I used to play "roller rink" in our garage. We would have the garage door closed. There was a chalkboard hung on it and we would write "backward skate" or whatever our theme was. We played the radio and had a blast. One birthday I got white skates with neon green wheels and stopper. Heaven!
2. Raising Arizona
I'm a Nicolas Cage fan.
3. Rambling
I cannot help but ramble on answering machines. I get going and it takes a while to even introduce the point of my message, then I have to spit that out and then I don't know what I keep saying, but it either cuts me off or I hang up and realize it's been a couple of minutes. Sometimes I call back to finish my rambling. You should see me too, I'm pretty active while I'm leaving the message.
4. Rats
I can't stand rats! Yuck! Jordan had a pet one before. We didn't know they can jump really high and jump out of the cage. One night in the middle of the night I heard some weird noises. Like a smacking, squeaking noise. I wondered what it was and then fell back asleep. The next day Jordan was looking for his rat to play with and found it under his bed. He said, "Come here little guy." Pulled him out and cried. His rat was dead. Apparently that noise I heard was the dog chewing the rat. Sick!
5. Rock Lobster
I love the B-52s. One time I was at a slumber party for my friend, Shauna Cook, and we played Rock Lobster and all danced like wild maniacs for the entire dance version of the song. Very popular song for the air band competitions my senior year.
6. Raggedy Ann
My mom can sew really well. One year she made Raggedy Ann dolls for me and my sister for Christmas. She worked on them at her friend's house so it would be a real surprise. (We were in high school.) She had both dolls all finished but just not dressed sitting on a rocking chair at my friends house. Well, she didn't know I would be coming over. I walked in and saw this naked doll that said I Love You Deanna on the heart. I remember my mom was really sad because she had worked so hard on them and to keep it a secret.
7. Recipes
I love getting new recipes. I'm surprised at how many great ones I have gotten off of blogs.
8. Roosters
Hate them! Growing up we had the meanest rooster. My dad would make me go in and feed the chickens. The rooster would actually jump up and scratch my back and peck and attack me. He was awful and I can remember being so afraid. I will never be on the animal rights for roosters. Kill them all! Die suckers, die!
9. Refrigerator
Our fridge was breaking down last year so we went fridge shopping. If you know Steve, he would be happy with us getting the cheapest most basic model. I didn't want anything extravagant, but I really wanted a nice sized one and I also wanted the freezer on the bottom. I did not want a side-by-side. I know that is very popular for most people, but we have had one before and I couldn't stand the narrow and lack of room. Well, if you know Steve, he is also very kind to me. He was so sweet and got me just the one I wanted. I love having a huge fridge section and having the freezer on the bottom. I love my refrigerator!
10. Reading
Of course, you knew I would say that, right? I can't help it. I know some people say that they don't know how you can find the time to read. Whose got the time? Well, just like anything in life, if you really love it and have a passion for it then you can fit it in. I am glad that I can read everyday.
I'm sure tomorrow I will think of ten other words that I should have used instead, but this is what you get right now.
If you want to be tagged too, just let me know and I will assign you a letter.

5 comments:
That was SO fun to read! I didn't know you were a b-52 fan (I am!) and of course I hope everyone loves Raising Arizona- it's a classic. I love reading tags and finding our more about others...
Such memories. I still remember that Christmas of Raggedy Ann sewing and at the very last day, you found her! Oh, well. Amen to the roosters. They aren't even worth eating! I thought a b-52 was an airplane. Generation gap!! That was fun.
FABULOUS list! You're so fun! I say we totally jam to the songs 'Rock Lobter' and 'Roam' one of these days....and reminisce about the awesomeness of the 80's.
Deanna, I love reading what you write because I can hear you saying it! You are so fun!
What a totally fun tag! Loved reading everything. Speaking of new recipes, that bread dough class I took was GREAT! Okay, I know you hate when people send "personal" messages not about the actual entry. Sorry. But you seriously have to do it in your ward.
Post a Comment