Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Birthday Jordan!


Jordan used to do poses like these when he was little in 
the dressing room when trying on clothes.



Jordan turns 15 today. It's nice he's still a year away from that really BIG one. He can get his permit now.( I'm so not ready for that.) He's our kid that says, "Rip it mom!" when I'm driving in snow in the minivan. Hmmm...just can't picture him behind a wheel in my lifetime. 

We love having Jordan in our family. I remember being at the ultrasound for him and telling the doctor that we didn't want to know what the baby was. I told him that I was sure it was a girl. He asked if we wanted to know. 

Me: Nope, but I'm pretty sure it's a girl because we have a girl. 
Dr: So, do you want me to tell you?
Me: No, just tell me if I'm right. Well, no don't. 
Dr: So you don't want to know, right?
Me: Well, I did have a dream it was a girl, so I'm pretty sure it's a girl.
Dr: Do you want to know or not? (Impatient tone) 

Steve and I share a confused looked. We both knew it would be a girl because we know about girls. But now it's so tempting. Right this second we could find out.

Me: Okay, just tell us. 
Dr: You really want to know?
Me: No. Okay, yes. It's a girl, right? 
Dr: No, it's a boy!

We were so excited. I come from a family where my only sibling is a girl. Our first baby was a girl. So I guess I had always been waiting for a boy. 

Happy Birthday Joe! We love you!!!

2 comments:

Carol said...

I remember the phone call when Grandpa and I were in St. George traveling to Provo. Steve said, "We've got a little hunting buddy in the oven!" I can't believe it's been 15 years ago when the first boy arrived in the family. Happy Birthday, Joe, we love you.

Trishelle said...

I know it's late, but Happy Birthday to Jordan! He's really a great kid!!

blog stats
Visitors