Monday, March 31, 2008

Our Colorful Sierra




Sierra and her friends went to the Holi Krishna Festival of Colors at the Krishna Temple in Spanish Fork on Saturday. There were about 10,000 people there and they all bought packets of color which they threw in the air during the bonfire. (Which burns the evil witch Holika.) Sierra just called her a fake blue man that they burned. She couldn't see much else and these pictures show what she looked like when she came home. We still have a little purple and pink on the seat of the car. Sierra said it was, "Like the funnest thing I've ever been to." 

3 comments:

Carol said...

Oh, my!! And everyone thought Woodstock was bad in the 70's!!! As Grandma, I would like to think of this as a bunch of cute Easter chicks having some fun...that's what they look like! (Except the guys.) You go, Sierra. These are the best years of your life.

Kim M. said...

Hey, this looks familiar! Patrick was there too with a bunch of friends. If he saw Sierra I'm sure he would have said something. But then again, covered in chalk, would they have recognized each other? Fun!

a wynn wynn situation said...

I totally wanted to go to that!! We went to the temple a couple of months ago and our guide told us all about this and man- I missed it! Looks like fun and perhaps I wouldn't enjoy getting all the colors out of my hair. Man, I'm getting old and boring!
Hope you're having a great weekend!

blog stats
Visitors